Cape York Trip 2008

This blog is going to be used to track the build up of our new 200 series Landcruiser and our preparation for our actual trip from Adelaide to Cairns, up to Cape York "The Tip" and finally back home to Adelaide.

We are leaving on 26th June 2008 and returning on the 27th July 2008

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Trak Shak camper trailer

We had been waiting quite a long time for our Trak Shak camper to arrive in Sydney after we ordered one late in February.  We had been planning to go to "Rock the Mount" at Mt Remarkable in Melrose and take the camper along.  We all had the long weekend days off and really wanted to go.

Well! The camper was available on Wednesday before we had to leave on Friday to go to Melrose.  Slight problem though.....the camper was in Sydney.  I made the decision to take a quick trip there from Adelaide to pick it up so we had it for the weekend.  I left work at lunchtime on Tuesday and got on the road about 1pm. I arrived in Wagga at 10:30pm and stayed in a motel for the night.  I left at 6:30am on Wednesday and arrived at Trak Shak at 11:30am.  They went through everything with me quite thoroughly and I left there at 1:00pm.  I basically drive the 1,400km straight home and arrived home at 3am.  I rocked up to work on Thursday a little bit worse for wear but quite ok.

This pic taken on the way home.

DSC02551

1 comment:

Vicky Mario said...

Nice to know your personal experience for Trak Shak camper. Nice post!