Cape York Trip 2008

This blog is going to be used to track the build up of our new 200 series Landcruiser and our preparation for our actual trip from Adelaide to Cairns, up to Cape York "The Tip" and finally back home to Adelaide.

We are leaving on 26th June 2008 and returning on the 27th July 2008

Friday, May 9, 2008

Landcruiser Purchase & Pick Up

I am going to start this with the purchase and build up of our new 200 series Toyota Landcruiser

There is a huge delay in obtaining this new model Cruiser and I heard about one being available in Mackay (QLD). This was on Thursday January 24th 2008. I rang the dealer and after some negotiation, told the salesman that I'd like to pick it up on Saturday 26th. After a miracle of paperwork was done on the Friday and I booked tickets to fly from Adelaide to Mackay with my son James.

We left Adelaide on a 6a.m. flight and arrived in Mackay (via Brisbane) at about 11 a.m. The dealership was flat out so we had a bit of a wait. Then we completed some paperwork, got handed the keys (well sorta keys) and started on our 2,800 km trip back home.

We stayed overnight in Goondiwindi and drove the final 1900km home to arrive late Saturday night (Sunday morning) at 2a.m. An easy trip and the Cruiser went really well.


I fitted my first accessory five minutes after I picked it up. A ScanGauge II computer. This interrogates the ECU and give all sorts of data. The most important is that it tracks fuel usage and economy.

No comments: